Tuesday, December 26, 2006
merry christmas...time to rest
Merry Christmas! Like many of you, I am tired after Christmas services, spending time with family, wrapping presents, cleaning house, entertaining visitors, and anticipating the Day! Christmas has finally come. We sang carols, lit our candles and raised them high to the heavens, and toppled from our beds on Christmas morn to open presents and spend time with folks we love. For me, at least, it's time to spend time remembering the power of the miracle of Christmas. I am taking a week away from the office, meetings, parties, and all engagements. I am heading south to visit my family and to re-experience the joy of being in a small town. The days are longer and life is clearer...it's something that feeds my soul, being in that place where I grew from a child to an adult. So that's where I go this week. It is my wish that we all would have such an opportunity - to slow down, feel the joy of belonging and love, and remember where we came from and where we have come to.
(Let's see if I feel so romantic after being gone for a week!)
If the picture on this blog is of interest to you, I strongly recommend the art work of He Qi, a phenomenal artist.
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (34)
- ► 2009 (31)
- ► 2008 (56)
- ► 2007 (111)
- twelve days of christmas (christmas just started!)...
- merry christmas...time to rest
- the bible experience
- short shrifting christmas
- home from "joy" worship - i received some unexpect...
- 'tis the season for "o holy night" as sung by cart...
- progressive christianity and the prince of peace
- the vicar of dibley's christmas nightmare
- the small urban church...when is it healthy?
- why "take this away"? gay evangelicals and progres...
- an adventless post: the role of clergy
- a book of poetry for advent...
- advent's here
- aids quilt showing in seattle
- ▼ December (15)