upper room daily devotions

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Nothing But Nets Featured on "The Colbert Report" - But Not Methodists!



I'm excited that this got such great publicity! However when Rick gave props to Bill Gates and Jimmy Carter I wondered when the UMC would be mentioned. It wasn't! Hmmmm...I guess that's how the ball bounces (poor net-related pun).

For that rare United Methodist out there that somehow doesn't know yet, the UMC is a founding partner (along with the United Nations Foundation, Sports Illustrated, and the NBA) of the Nothing But Nets Campaign.

I hope lots of folks respond by going to www.nothingbutnets.net and give $10 for a net.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but this comment has nothing to do with this entry. I just read a comment you made about clergy collars on another blog, and really wanted to know if we could blog/email back and forth. I really liked what you said and as a female clergy, I've considered the wearing, though almost NO ONE in my denomination wears one. Could we talk. My email is jlalwilliams@yahoo.com. Thanks

Blog Archive