Friday, April 25, 2008
Today is World Marlaria Day...Uh, Let's Celebrate? No, Let's Do Something
Today is World Malaria Day.
My hometown in Mississippi had a legacy of death from malaria (as well as yellow fever and typhus) in the 1800s, but Americans have, by and large, been unaffected by this disease since that era. Yet people all over the world are dying form Learn about this preventable condition. Last August when I spent time in the Democratic Republic of Congo, I met too many people living with malaria and heard about too many others who had died from it.
Through water treatment and maintenance, the distribution of bed nets, education, and the availability of medicine, we can prevent thousands of unnecessary deaths.
Learn more about malaria and how you can help.
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (34)
- ► 2009 (31)
- GC Blogs that I Read
- Today is World Marlaria Day...Uh, Let's Celebrate?...
- Committing to Sabbath...Maybe
- More Earth Day Stuff
- Happy Earth Day - It Isn't Easy Being Green
- Reflection on "Seeds of Compassion" with the Dalai...
- Marsalis Writes Jazz Mass
- Americans No Happier Now Than Forty Years Ago
- So, Ted Turner, Bill Gates, and the UMC go into a ...
- ▼ April (9)
- ► 2007 (111)