In a video diary from his journey from Israel to Copenhagen, Rabbi Michael Kagan speaks about climate change and humankind's responsibility for balance within creation. In his first entry he teaches from the Bible using the images of Esau and Jacob. Jacob and Esau represent Heaven and Earth; Jacob, loved by his mother is ethereal - heaven. Esau, loved by his father, is a hunter - earth. Both are needed for harmony, wholeness, completeness. In his dream, Jacob sees a ladder stretching from Earth to Heaven. According to Rabbi Kagan, we are the ladder. If the ladder is broken, Heaven and Earth are disconnected and all of creation is thrown out of balance. We are the ladder. We must not break our connection to the spiritual or to the earthly. We are needed to hold this great creation together.
Odyssey Networks is presenting videos of all kinds from the Climate Change Summit. Check them out.
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (34)
- Dorothee Soelle on Christmas, Peace, and Fear
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu at the Summit in Copenhage...
- Advent 4C - Mary, Fear and Peace, and Wendell Berr...
- TONIGHT - GREG MORTENSON at Seattle Pacific Univer...
- Advent Poem - "Candlemas" by Denise Levertov
- About "Just War" and "Just Peace"
- Jacob and Esau: Heaven and Earth and the Climate C...
- Churches to Ring their Bells for Climate Change - ...
- Faith at the Summit-Daily Video Highlights from th...
- Advent Thought - Dylan Thomas
- What Do I Expect?
- An Advent Hope
- ▼ December (12)
- ► 2008 (56)
- ► 2007 (111)