Typically I'm not a big fan of Christianity Today. Its theology tends to be a bit prosaic for my taste, but there's an article in the current issue called "Meet the Millenials." It is imperative that churches recognize the important contributions that Millenials can make for the body of Christ and in the world. It is fundamental that we understand the spiritual needs of Millenials. And it is absolutely vital that Millenials know that there are spiritual communities that welcome them (even if they are the only Millenial in the pews), that value their intellect, and that challenge them to offer their gifts.
"Meet the Millenials
Who They Are and Why Your Church Should Care
by Jeff Trubey and Ben Christy
from Outreach magazine, January/February 2007
They're socially minded, have a high interest in spirituality and chances are, they're not in your church. How can you reach the millennials? Over the next 20 years, college-aged young adults will be at the heart of this emerging generation. Read on to learn why these years of higher education are the optimal time to engage this often elusive group.
• Would someone please define "church community" for me?..." More
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (34)
- ► 2009 (31)
- ► 2008 (56)
- what the heck is a methodist?
- what does a healthy, small urban church look like?...
- seattle's annual one night homeless count 2007
- millenials and the church
- not because of fear: a god of wild love and wilder...
- praying for and with lutherans
- powerful community, strong communion
- pastor/congregation relationship
- mlk day - the vision of the beloved community
- faith, budgets, and the small church
- seattle's homeless struggle in the unusually cold ...
- Children of Men - the Perfect Nativity Story
- joan says it right
- why can't enough be enough? my musings on consumer...
- poverty in america...what can we do?
- progressive christians can help raise the minimum ...
- back to "normal"
- a society of wanderers
- ▼ January (18)