Tuesday, January 30, 2007
what the heck is a methodist?
This post is in response to a question posed to me by several people. Sometimes I wonder myself what a Methodist is. I am one, but I meet other Methodists with whom I seem to share very little. That is one of the great things about Methodism. In theory there is a great deal of room for difference. There are contemplative UMCers, evangelical UMCers, postmodern UMCers, social justice UMCers, and even progressive UMCers. So what pulls us all together? To start looking at this weird experiment called Methodism, check out the newly redesigned denominational website. Specific to who United Methodists are and what we believe, I suggest you begin with here.
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (34)
- ► 2009 (31)
- ► 2008 (56)
- what the heck is a methodist?
- what does a healthy, small urban church look like?...
- seattle's annual one night homeless count 2007
- millenials and the church
- not because of fear: a god of wild love and wilder...
- praying for and with lutherans
- powerful community, strong communion
- pastor/congregation relationship
- mlk day - the vision of the beloved community
- faith, budgets, and the small church
- seattle's homeless struggle in the unusually cold ...
- Children of Men - the Perfect Nativity Story
- joan says it right
- why can't enough be enough? my musings on consumer...
- poverty in america...what can we do?
- progressive christians can help raise the minimum ...
- back to "normal"
- a society of wanderers
- ▼ January (18)